The Sandakphu Trek passes through several protected areas that are home to a variety of wildlife species. Here are some of the wildlife species that trekkers can see on the Sandakphu Trek:
- Red panda: The red panda is a rare and endangered species that can be found in the Singalila National Park.
- Himalayan black bear: The Himalayan black bear is a large bear species that can be found in the forested areas along the trek.
- Barking deer: The barking deer is a small deer species that can be found in the lower elevations along the trek.
- Snow leopard: The snow leopard is a rare and elusive species that can be found in the high-altitude areas along the trek.
- Monkeys: The trek passes through several areas where monkeys can be found, including the Tibetan macaque and the Assamese macaque.
Here are the curious puts that you will go over on your journey. These spots offer pleasant perspectives and recollections that you will unquestionably savor for eternity. Investigate!
Manebhanjan: Manebhanjan is the beginning stage of the Sandakphur Journey and right off the bat, you can remain in this tranquil town and afterward start the trip the following day. This town is known for the 1960 model Land Wanderer taxis that will take you to the Sandakphu Pinnacle. In the event that you are up for a rough ride and are not keen on journeying then you can recruit the Land Wanderer and arrive at the pinnacle.
Chitrey: Situated a ways off of 3 km from Manebhanjan, Chitrey is a staggering mountain town where the travelers enjoy the principal reprieve of their journey. It requires around 90 minutes to arrive at Chitrey from Manebhanjan. On your break, you can visit the old Buddhist Cloister situated in Chitrey and from that point forward, you can go to the Chitre eatery for savoring flavorful dishes like Maggi, momos, and noodles.
Tumling: On the second day of your journey, you will arrive at Tumling, a village with beguiling perspectives, and agreeable stay choices. You stay at this villa and even partake in the neighborhood food while splashing the all around flawless perspective on Kangchenjunga Reach.
Singalila Public Park: Prepare to be entranced by the following objective that the trip will take you to. Singalila Public Park is perhaps of the most visited place in West Bengal. While you journey across this public park, you can recognize creatures like the panther feline, red panda, yellow-throated marten, yapping deer, and wild pig. This public park is home to different bird species like satyr tragopan, red minivet, kalij fowl, and blood bird. From Singalila Public Park you can undoubtedly partake in the noteworthy perspective on Sandakphu Pinnacle. You can remain at Gurdum around evening time and afterward start your trip back the following day.